- 1 Welcome to the Tello Flyers wiki
- 2 About the Ryze Tello
- 3 About this page
- 4 the Tello Pilots forum
- 5 Tips and Tricks
- 6 OK... Let's start with Apps and Controllers
- 7 Android apps
- 8 iOS apps
- 9 Controllers
- 10 Visitors
- 11 Tests and experiments with tables:
- 12 Links -heading level one
Welcome to the Tello Flyers wiki
This wiki is currently 'UNDER INITIAL CONSTRUCTION' - and I'm just now learning all this - so thanks for your understanding!
Please feel free to Contribute content , or just Bookmark and come back later to see the additions.
About the Ryze Tello
The Tello - a small quad with a big heart!
- With the aid of a bottom infrared emitter and sensor on either side of a downward facing monochrome camera, Tello is very stable to fly and can reliably hover in place.
- The camera + firmware use an amazing technology called 'optical flow' to establish and maintain a stable hover, and can also calculate distance from Home.
The Tello EDU - a 'smarter' Tello?
- The Tello EDU is the educational version, designed ......
The Tello Ironman - a 'colorful' Tello?
Specs to be added soon.
About this page
This wiki hopes to help owners of the Ryze Tello quadcopter learn more about their little marvel, determine solutions to issues they may be having...
And have the most FUN possible with little Tello!
Tello Flyers wiki will cover general information on:
- WiFi Extenders
- Quirks of certain Devices or Android versions
- and/or the best suggestions to solve certain problems
I'll do my best to make sure the info on the wiki is factual and, if it's a technique or workaround, that it's confirmed to work.
the Tello Pilots forum
The best place for reading and getting answers to specific questions is the TelloPilots forum
The 'Search' function there works very well!
Tips and Tricks
- How to connect
- How to fly
- A word about controllers
- Extend the control range
- Get better video feed quality
OK... Let's start with Apps and Controllers
Tello (by Ryze)
- - available in Google Play store, free
- - works with Gamesir T1d via Bluetooth only, sometimes causes interference with the video stream, tho some users report no interference.
- - works with T1s, also via BT only, everything (wifi, bt, app) has to be started in a certain sequence, at least the first time (to be added later)
- - not known to work with any OTG controllers
- - available on github, free, no recent development
- - available on Google Play store, $4.49 USD
- - Very good alternative to the oem Tello app
- - Has many cool functions and features
- - Supports other controllers besides the T1d (more specifics later)
- - available on Google Play store, free for Tello
- - available on Google Play store, $4.99 USD
- - The "new kid on the block" - clean GUI, loaded with features
- - Very versatile regarding controllers - any that Android recognizes will work
- - Controller response can be fine tuned
- - Confirmed to work well with legacy Android devices - all the way back to v5.x... even works well with the cheapest Fire 7 tablet (5th gen) from many years ago!
- - etc
- -available from Apple store
Gamepad style controllers
- Users report very precise and accurate control, but some video interference
- Can connect with Bluetooth only
- Connects with Bluetooth or wired OTG cable/adapter
- - Connects with Bluetooth, OTG, or with included 2.4Ghz USB adapter.
- - Compatible with Android and iOS.
- - Connected to a device via Bluetooth, the T1s can cause interference with the Tello wifi video signal.
- - Connected via OTG results in no video interference.
- - The T1s can also connect to computers, Android televisions, and Playstation PS3 consoles.
- Connects with micro-usb/usb-c via adapter to Android (wired)
- - Compatible 'native' with aTelloPilot and TelloFPV
- - Wired connection via usb results in no video interference.
- - The G3w can also connect to Windows computers, Android televisions, and Playstation PS3 consoles.
RC style controllers
For a visitor of this wiki
Hello, the default Main Page of this wiki has not been finished yet by the Administrator(s) of this wiki. We are still working on this page, so please check again later!
For those here from TelloPilots forum
Welcome, I hope you find what you're looking for :-)
Corrections, suggestions, or content
- that you want posted, either contact me--
- umanbean @ https://tellopilots.com
- TelloPilots thread - announcement of this wiki
- Use the 'Discussion' tab at the top of this page
Directly edit the page yourself!
I only ask that you--
- Do NOT post any copyrighted or plagiarized material. If posting content by someone else -with permission- give credit.
- Do not change or remove any punctuation or symbols - that's the 'syntax' used to format the page.
- If you have a lot of content, or of a certain category that needs a separate page of it's own, contact me. I'll be glad to add more pages.
- Be sure of your facts, opinions can be posted elsewhere.
- Don't post one-off experiences or ask for advice - there's a forum for that.
Editing can be done under either of two conditions:
- If you create an account at Meta/miraheze Main Page and login, your edit will be attributed to that Username
- If you don't login, your edit will be attributed to your IP address
All content here will be subject to editing for spelling, grammar, clarity, copyright issues, or any other reason deemed absolutely necessary.
Also, all changes will be logged by the wiki software and can be reversed if necessary.
For administrators(s) of this wiki
Hello, and welcome to your new wiki! Thank you for sharing your time and knowledge.
You can immediately start working on your wiki, whenever you want.
Need help? No problem! We will help you with your wiki as needed. To make a start we have added a few links about working with MediaWiki:
Tests and experiments with tables:
|Header text||Header text2||Header text3|
Links -heading level one
Links -heading level two
- Tello User Manual on Ryze website
- TelloPilots forum site
- The quick brown fox jumped over the... uh... whatever. I forgot the rest, this is just a test... to see if text that automatically wraps around indents the same as the first line. OK so I need to write some more 'cause that was not enough to wrap around, maybe this will
- Another link here
- Tello User Manual on Ryze website
New Page test ... ok!